Friday, February 19, 2010

Serai De Lanjut, Rompin, Pahang

Let's cuti-cuti Malaysia (again), shall we?


It was my year-end getaway with my husband’s side of the family. To the east-coast of the Peninsula – Rompin, Pahang it was. It has been awhile since the last I went for a beach vacation so this was a great escape for me and my family, especially after so much of browsing on the net and learning how beautiful the place would be.


Serai De Lanjut is located in the interior of Pahang and is rather far from the main towns. We had to cross along the Pekan – Rompin route before diverting our way towards the exotic resort. Over there, we had our Kampung-Style chalet for a change. It was a big chalet with 3 rooms, a kitchen, dining and living, all within a rustic kampung setting.


The best part of the chalet was that it was fronting a beach. Imagine yourself waking up in the morning to the sound of the waves and witness the sunrise just a glance away while having your breakfast…! Charming isn’t it?


And for that moment, I felt really proud to be a part of it (and proud to be a Malaysian too… :-). I suddenly realized that we actually have so many beautiful places that we have yet to explore. We just have to know how to find it. Malaysia is after all a beautiful place…

While the kids were having fun in the pool, we, the elders, rented a bicycle each and cycled by the beach. This was something I had never done before in my life. Not the cycling part, but the “cycling-by-the-beach” part :-).



A rather good exercise I must say, amidst the fresh morning air and surrounded by the greens on the other side of the beach. We even took a picture of ourselves before we took the ride, and guess what? We looked like “Samseng Kampung Dusun” or for the lack of a better word, typical Kampung Boys and Girls. Hahaha...



My hubby and his big brothers took the opportunity to jungle trek thereafter but I opted for a tall cool drink back at the coffee house (since, I am not so of an outdoor girl), sat back and enjoyed the sea breeze after the long cycling activity.

Sometimes, it is not so much of the surrounding that makes your vacation worth spending, it is how you make use of your time and realizing it to the fullest. Being away from the hustle and bustle of city life made me wonder how serene it could be on the other side of my world. I simply loved my days here, lazying around and becoming a beach bummer.


While some of us took the opportunity to take a dip in the crystal blue seawater, my son enjoyed the sandcastle-making activity by the white sandy beach.



And when the night comes, we sang our hearts away to the karaoke while enjoying our dinner. It was amusing yet entertaining! Strolling by the beach at night was another option but I just hate beaches at night. It was always too dark and too creepy for me. Too much of horror movies, I guess! So forget about that option and just karaoke for me.


Oh yes, when it comes to makan-makan, there is a great restaurant that offers mouthwatering seafood in a kampung-style setting just a few km away from the resort. Their Sweet Sour Udang Galah and Ikan Kerapu Tiga Rasa were delectable dishes that really made our day worthwhile!



Playing Carrom while waiting for the food to be served :-)

No comments: